Group Meeting #2

 Group feedback is good!


This was our second group meeting and I can confidently say this was more beneficial than the last! And that's saying something because the first meeting provided good feedback. This time I showed the group my thumbnails and needed advice on them plus the poster. 
I have finished editing the trailer and Abby is almost done, I just need to help her tweak a few things. So the next step are the print components. Like I mentioned before this includes two horizontal thumbnails and the movie poster. I have already worked on the two thumbnails but I needed feedback on it because I wasn't 100% confident. Both my group and Stoklosa mentioned that 
this thumbnail wasn't working. Stoklosa said the word "camera" makes it too confusing with the title. She suggested taking a picture of the box with the camera inside of it and take an overhead shot. I think I will use that photo and leave it on the right third, like this one, and keep the title and Netflix logo on the top left. I will probably make the title larger so it's easier to recognize.
For this thumbnail, everyone really liked it! I am just adjusting the sizing of the image so you can see the camera a little better, but everything else will remain the same.
The last print component is the poster. I really was lost with this so that's what I was really looking forward to the meeting to talk about. My group had two ideas: one being a picture of Abby from the side looking at the camera, and two being a head one picture of her looking THROUGH the camera at to her face. I made a template for the poster with the actors' names, tagline, and title to see how the spacing can work.

I took inspiration from the Arrival poster with the actors' names small at the top and title on the bottom. The tagline was also used in my trailer as a text graphic, so I thought this goes well in the poster. 

Next steps will be posting the completed thumbnail on the Instagram and taking both the second thumbnail and poster key art!! Come back later this week for more updates.

Comments