Plot

 Creating a plot

    When I was first presented with the portfolio project, I knew I needed to pick something that I know a lot about. Picking a topic for my film opening is crucial, so I need to choose something I'm interested in. I'm going to take the football route. I have been surrounded by football my entire life, so it makes sense for me to focus on this topic. The main plot for the film opening will be a person, who is not identified until the end, going through their daily routine. Performing simple tasks that everyone can relate to; turning off an alarm after waking up, brushing their teeth, putting on clothes, eating breakfast, and driving a car. 

 


  Not only is the film opening centered around a football routine, but representation is important as well. The plot of the film also focuses on women in sports. For example, the final scene of the opening will show me walking on a football field, finally identifying who the main character is. Since the basis of the film is football, society is more inclined to believe that it will be a man included in the opening. It is important to me to shine a light on women in football, and sports in general. Because of this, I think this plot will work in my favor.

    The plot shows the struggle of representation of women in sports. The second part of the film opening will show the main character being affected by society correlating men with sports opposed to both men and women.


I will try to recreate this image of a girl being swarmed with thoughts, and later using them as motivation in the film.



Comments