Obstacles/Editing Softwares

 Week 6 starts tomorrow!!!


The time has come where I am starting to think about editing. I have become very comfortable with iMovie as I have used it for numerous projects and it is easy to maneuver. Although, I feel like Adobe Premiere Pro would give us a better final product. When I took AICE Media AS Level, I remember having access to Premiere through my class, as I do not pay for the subscription. I have to look into it for this year, but I am pretty sure I have access to the program again. As I mentioned in my last post, we have to film some of the scenes again. Yes, these are just the ones that Josh is in, but as he is the antagonist, he is in a good amount of them. This makes it difficult to start editing as we don't know for sure what scenes go where just yet. We haven't decided on a day that we can finish filming due to me, Abby C, Abby O, Jenna, and Josh all having vastly different schedules. We have to get it done this week if we want to stay on track.

After looking at our storyboard, Josh is only in about three scenes in the first trailer. 
The images below are pieces of the first trailer's storyboard that Josh is featured in. They are the most pivotal parts of this trailer, so we really need to decide on a day to fix them. 
For the second trailer, Josh is only in one scene. This may allow us to start editing this trailer and get a head start. The scene features his character, Bennett, receiving an envelope with the camera in it. It is supposed to provide context as to where the camera comes from and the history behind it. 











Right now, Abby and I have a shared album on Apple photos with all of the footage we took last Sunday, but my next step will be making two separate albums called "trailer 1" and "trailer 2." This will allow us to compartmentalize our footage easier, which will make for a much smoother editing process. We also decided while filming that there may be a clip or two that overlaps between trailers. I will be doing a post later on highlighting this and other trailer components other people use.
Next steps include the separate photo albums, beginning to edit the second trailer, and finishing filming. Check back next week for more updates!

Comments