Final stage of filming

 Filming ✅


    With the help of Josh and my mom, I have finished filming my film opening. I am typing this shortly after getting back from Tequesta Trace Park, which is where we filmed the bulk of the opening. I have A LOT of footage and will have to narrow down what I want to use. But of course, it is better to have too much than too little. 

    The filming process wasn't as difficult as I had thought it would be. Despite the bumps in the road (time management issues and busy schedules), I was able to get this part completed. 

    Josh and I met up at the football field at Tequesta Trace Park and immediately got to work. I had asked Josh to bring his gimbal, so we could use it when recording to give the video a cooler effect. 


This is the gimbal we used



                                                                                        And this is Josh

    We were trying out different angles and shot types for the opening. The gimbal definitely made that process much easier. It allowed us to create many moving and action shots. Once finished, the film opening will look much better since we sued the gimbal. 

    After filming for about an hour, I decided that we got enough footage and I would edit the clips later on. As I was looking through the footage, I found that we recorded much more than I can use in the opening. Again, it is better to have too much than too little. Although, this could pose an issue when it comes down to choosing which clips to use and which to delete all together.
    
    When I got home from the park, I imported the footage into Premiere and edited the clips. All I did was shorten them and cut out what we don't need, but it's a start. This week will be crucial to the editing process. I will only be focusing on editing the video and will try to make progress everyday. Like I said in a previous post, I have two games once again, plus practices, so I will work around my schedule and do as much as possible.



Comments