Print Component

 Moving on to the next step...


Now that my part of the trailer process is complete, I will be moving on to the print component.

Here are the notes I took on this part of the project:

So of course the film promo package includes the poster, but it also requires two thumbnails since we are doing a streaming release. For this blog post, I am focusing on the thumbnails and some different options. 
I started talking about this component in an older post and focused on the thumbnails used for Stranger Things. No, this isn't a movie, but it is within the same genre and is a good franchise to follow. 
The common theme with the key art in these thumbnails is the simplicity. They are very captivating images but aren't complex. That is the strategy I will be taking. I have two images in mind they could be good to use:


I did something similar to the Stranger Things thumbnails by taking the Netflix logo and adding it to the corner and only having the film title in the picture. I didn't want to have any additional text since thumbnails are supposed to be simple and highlight the key art. 
I included the Battle Scarred font for "Shutter" but kept it white and added a black outline. I had started with the image below (with the box) which is why I included the outline. I thought it worked well with the word "camera" being in black on the white label. I kept the Netflix logo in the top left corner and just shifted the title to highlight Abby holding the camera in the image. 


I feel like using these two pictures as the thumbnails works because they are simple but still help audiences understand what the film could be about. 

While these are not the final product yet (maybe), I am very happy with how they turned out and will continue to work on them next week. Come back in a couple days for posts on the final component of the project: the film poster.

Comments