Minor Adjustments

I've been staring at my pages for a good 20 minutes


I've been trying to nit pick and figure out what my magazine is missing for a while now and I made 2 adjustments.
I felt like the offset of the shadow on "contents" was way too high so I lowered it from 68 to 50 to make the page look cleaner. The offset made it look sloppy since the word carried on much more than it needed to. Also, the "City of Weston" title on the cover page has a shadow offset of 50 so I thought it would be best to keep it the same.
My last post talked about how I was figuring out how to size and situate the text, so once I got that taken care of, I moved on to the little details. I made sure the break in the middle of the page was even and lined up with the pictures. I also added the lines adjacent to each image. Without them I thought it looked a little plain and I looked at other sports magazines like the UNC Tar Heels spread in this post. The lines add a little something but it took me a little while to decide on what side of each picture they would go on. I finally fell on leaving them on opposite sides of each other and keeping them 2 spaces away in the width and separating them from the page.

I THINK that is all the adjustments I will be making for now. I might ask Stoklosa for her advice tomorrow so we will see what her feedback entails. Check back in a few days for the start of my CCR production!

Comments