Adjusting Thumbnail and Poster

The end is coming...


I can't believe this project is almost over. It feels like just yesterday I was writing my "transitioning" post, and here we are. It's the second to last week and we have finished almost every component of the project. So in my last post, I talked about the feedback I received from the group meeting regarding the poster and thumbnails. I decided to fix those things right away to get them out of the way. So the first thing I had to do was take a new thumbnail photo. I took a few but this is the one I landed on. 
Stoklosa had mentioned her idea of an high angle shot of the camera inside the box, so that's exactly what I did. I situated the box cover slightly over the box to add more character. I don't feel greatttt about the shadow situation but i really wanted that background on the dark desk. I took the photo with flash which produced a much better final product than no flash. 
This is what it looks like when I put it into Canva with the same Netflix logo and film title. I didn't adjust the spacing of the words at all because I felt like it worked as is. This definitely looks better than the original thumbnail picture I had and I am really happy with how it turned out. I have posted it on the Instagram account, so go check it out!!

The next part of my to-do list was to take the poster key art. I had mentioned either having Abby hold the camera and I would take a picture from the side OR have her look at me head-on and look through the camera. Abby Chaiet (I know it's confusing with two Abby's) and I decided on using the head-on image. 
Now the first thing I thought when looking at this later on was that there are a lot of lines going on in the background. That was the first thing I tried to get rid of once I put it into Canva. I know it can be very distracting to audiences so I wanted to fix that immediately. I had already made a template for the poster so I just inserted this picture in Canva. 
This is a screenshot of what it looks like in Canva. I have the tagline under the three actors' names but it wasn't really showing up well. So I used the "lift" effect and I adjusted it to 100% so the tagline truly pops. I zoomed the picture in and shifted it to the left so you can't see the blinds on the right. I'm hoping the other lines aren't too distracting but I think the ones from the blinds were the worst of them all. 

These two additions to the project are some of the final ones! On the social media side of things we are in good shape. We have 12 feed posts and about 10 story/highlight posts. It's almost time for the Critical Reflection and things are coming down to the wire!! That's it for now but check back later this week for one final post before reflecting and submitting. 

Comments