Trailer Characteristics

 Week seven starts TOMORROW


I can't even believe I'm saying this but editing has to start this week. It's a busy week and a half or so but we have to start moving along. I have been at a hotel for a wedding all weekend and spring break has officially begun. I have a slightly busy week ahead, but I will definitely be able to fit editing into my schedule. The only day I will be out of town is Wednesday (I'll be in Disney), but I could actually bring my laptop and edit on the drive there. If I don't end up doing that I will still have plenty of time to edit (AND post on the blog) since I have no other homework and can focus on this project. I feel like I'm my favorite TikToker Jack Cook who posts daily vlogs and talks about all of his projects he has to edit. I know this is off topic but you should check him out: Jack Cook. I get some of my blogging inspo from his videos.  Okay moving on to the important part of this post: trailer characteristics.

Everything Everywhere All At Once Trailer


I will be breaking down the graphics that this trailer has and how we will use this research with ours. Starting off at the 0:12 mark of the trailer, we see the production company.
Our film is produced by our fake company RA Productions, so we will make a slide with this shown to give credit. The thing with the Everything Everywhere trailer is they use the googly eyes with almost everything they show when it comes to text. We will do something similar with our font (battle scarred) that I found on Canva. We also may use the camera template background from Canva that was in our first ever Instagram post.
Next was a simple credit to the directors.
Again, they chose to use the googly eye ever so slightly in the 'o' in 'from' when crediting Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert. Clearly, both of their names are 'Daniel,' so the text makes sense. Since we will be doing a "RA Productions" card, I'm not sure what we would put on a separate card. Maybe we could highlight the actors in the film rather than the directors. Something like "Featuring Abby Olivari and Josh Burke" could probably work. I would rather do this than "A film from Riley Orovitz and Abby Chaiet."
The next text card they used was showing when the film would be released.

I definitely want to incorporate showing when the film will be released because this is a very common thing to have in trailers. We are releasing Shutter in October, so we would just put "Coming this October" or drop the "coming" and leave it as is. These are all very specific elements that we can test out during the post-production process. They also did not use the googly eyes in this but that is probably because they have a background from the film rather than the plain white backdrop. 
Finally, the title card was shown at the very end of the trailer. 
In my head I am imagining us using the first Instagram post with the camera element as the title card. We can always make a different one but this could work. The sizing might be an issue but I will play around with it when I start editing. All of their text cards are animated but I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I would just animate it in Canva and download it for iMovie, but we'll see what happens.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my breakdown of the Everything Everywhere All At Once trailer! Come back next week to see me starting the EDITING process!!


 

Comments