Meet the Characters

It's time to post more on our social media page


Yes, I know I said this post would be about storyboarding but I decided to make "meet the cast" post on our Instagram! We will be making posts for Olivia, Bennett, Maddie, and Morgan so our audience can become familiar with them before the trailers come out. I will be using Canva to do this and I am gaining inspiration from Cypress Bay's American Musical Theater's (AMT) Instagram. They are producing three shows this year and showcase their characters through these types of posts for each one. This is where I got the idea to do this, as well as the feedback Abby received in our group meetings yesterday. 

Inspiration
























Of course I had to tie in the camera theme, so I felt that the grid background works well. The bottom of the page features the zoom characteristics but instead of the traditional numbers that the template came with, I changed it to say 10 14 24. We will incorporate this into our project by having Shutter release on streaming platforms on October 14, 2024. This is just a slight touch to the post that some viewers might not release. But, for all of the "meet the cast" posts, I will add this date at the bottom just how I did for this one. I did some research and found that sci-fi/fantasy movies usually come out in fall/winter. Most were released during October, so I took the same approach. The font is also important as it is the same as the intro Instagram post. I did this to maintain continuity and I will continue to do so throughout the posts. 
Here is Maddie's post! It just happened that the picture Jenna sent me was taken with a digital camera so it has the date stamp on the side, but I will definitely take it! I again kept the measurements as the hypothetical release date at the bottom. I also moved the focus box onto her face rather than on something else like how I put it over the camera lens in Abby's (Olivia).
Here is Morgan's post, played by Abby as well. Morgan is Olivia's twin, so it makes sense to have Abby play both roles. Well, actually, Abby does have an identical twin in real life but she didn't want to be in our project, so we had to go with Abby playing both characters. I did the same thing with the date at the bottom and the focus box on her face.

Here is the final post for "meet the cast." Josh is playing the antagonist, Bennett. Same thing with the fonts, grid, date, and focus box as the other character posts.

I am reallyyy happy with how these turned out and will be posting them on the Instagram later today!

Comments