Group Meeting

Getting feedback from others is so important


I feel like when you only listen to feedback from those working with you or even people close to you, it's hard to gain actual information. The critiques or advice given will probably end up a little (or a lot) biased. That's why I was excited when Stoklosa said today is the day for group meetings. 


Here's my group from today's meeting! We all collaborated and gave each other advice on the portfolio project. Four people are doing the short film, two (including myself) are doing the film promo, and one is doing the music video. This allowed all of us to talk about the projects from an unbiased view since we have a diverse group. 

I shared my progress on the project first and I received a lot of good feedback. Everyone in the group viewed by blog to get some insight on the story and I gave a little overview on the premise. The main issue I am having with me and Abby's idea is the differentiation between the first and second trailer. Specifically with what content will go in each one. Later in the week I will be making a post about storyboarding and our progress on that so you will be able to see our thought process. But I was asking for help about what content to put in the first trailer rather than the second and vice versa. Male provided me with some thoughtful insight on this and agreed with my idea of having the first be more of a background trailer and the second filled with more content of what happens with the camera. Basically, the first would be how the protagonist found the camera and the second being what powers it has and its consequences. 

After the group meetings, I asked Abby how hers went and she was also given some constructive criticism. Her advice related more to the social media aspect. Her group said that we should post character intros and make a banner post pinned to the top of our page so you can see it whenever you tap our profile.

I am really excited about these critiques because I know we can improve our project. Check back later for storyboarding!


Comments