Transitioning to A Level

It's Portfolio Project Time

But this time it's for A Level!

I just submitted the CCR for my AS project and it's already time to start the A Level portfolio. For this project, I will be working with my friend Abby Chaiet. We have worked on other projects together in the past and I think this will be a good choice. We work together very well and scored highly on past projects we have collaborated on. Working alone on this project seems like it would be too much to take on since there are three components. Since I am just coming off the creation of my magazine for the AS project, I am already in the portfolio project mindset. This especially comes handy with the blogs because I know how to format them and what to write about. 

There are four options for the project and we are still deciding between two of them. One being the film promotion package and the other is the documentary package. Abby and I have been discussing the pros and cons of each. 

Film Promotion Package


Pros:

- social media page would be easy to capture since we are developing the entire concept for the film through the trailers
- movie poster is a simpler task than others in the documentary package
- trailers are only 1:30
- can come up with fiction story

Cons:

- must make two trailers
- must create entire storyline for a full film

Documentary Package

Pros:

- creating a magazine article would not be very difficult for me personally because I just made my own spread 
- only one piece (one doc and not two trailers)
- better at writing than key art like the film promo where you need a movie poster

Cons:

- must come up with a concept for numerous episodes not just the 5 min
- length of doc (hard not to go over 5 min)
- social media page must capture entire idea
- can't use archived footage which is needed in docs


We will discuss these pros and cons further throughout the week and my next post will feature which idea we decided on!


Comments