Schedule

Ticktock...

In order to make sure I have enough time to complete this project, Stoklosa has adapted my class schedule. Two years ago I remember the portfolio project taking a longgg time to complete, so when she told me that  I would be able to redo it, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I started this project on December 27th - near the beginning of winter break. She had asked me prior to the break if I was open to starting it during my time off from school and I felt the logical answer would be "yes." So that's what I did. It is now January 10th and I am four (this will make five) blog posts in. I really am excited to get a jump on creating my own magazine and I can't wait to see what it leads to.

I remember saying this exact same thing two years ago in a separate post: I like to think of myself as an organized person, so I need a schedule. The thing with this project is, I already have most of the content taken care of. I already wrote the story for the two page spread and I already have the photos. I'm not sure why but I have a feeling that I am falling behind on the project even though I still
l have a month until it's all due. I made a true schedule to keep my on track. 

The first way I am organizing myself is with the Stickies app on my computer. I talked about this briefly in an older post but here is the full note. I broke it down so it shows my blogging schedule for the entire project. This only contains the blog schedule so I decided to use my calendar, which I use RELIGIOUSLY by the way, to hold the rest of the project. 
Okay so here is a screenshot of my January (and part of February) calendar. As you can see I am very busy with school and athletics so using my calendar is probably a good idea. In purple are the "events" for the portfolio project that contain both my blogging schedule and creating content. These dates are tentative for now because of course I won't know my homework load until that week, but for now, this is what I've got. I left some space in between creating the contents of the magazine like the table of contents and the spread because I will definitely need a few days to make the specific of each aspect. Again, just tentative, but it's a good start.

I know this post wasn't very exciting but it forced me to stay on track and create a schedule for myself for the next month. My next post will focus on the layout of my magazine so don't miss it!

Comments