Not Done Yet

I need to make some changes

After talking to Stoklosa about my ideas for the cover, she gave me some tips on how to improve it. 

She said that the original cover I made was more fitting than the second one because of the font and spacing. After looking at an additional example and listening to her advice, I decided to include a short piece from other stories as well as the one that ties in with the cover picture. 

I also took out the "Cypress Bay Athletics" title because it was unnecessary and provided more space for the subtext. This concept feels much more professional than the past two concepts I talked about. 

I chose to place the additional information on the bottom left of the page with the date and volume number because I wanted it to be easy to see but not too forward. I have seen that most magazines have this info under the title or somewhere near the top of the page. By doing this, I am challenging the genre and going against what magazines usually do. 

I really like this "new and improved" concept for the cover and I feel like it fits the magazine's content well. The yellow and blue match Cypress' colors and provide more context to what the magazine is about since I took out the subtitle. 

This was a short post but definitely a necessary one. Check back for when I start on the table of contents!


Comments