Continuing the Spread

 I honestly forgot that there is a minimum requirement of 4 pictures used in the magazine. I'm only at 2 right now which means I have to use 2 more on the last page. I have a few more pictures from football that could work with the magazine so my next step is to go through them and decide which are best.

I have this picture that I LOVE and two of the players (Ryan Geary #15 and Sam Miller #63) are featured in the story. I thought the photo was a little too dark for the magazine so I used the editing features on Apple photos. 

And this is the edited picture. I needed to brighten the image and focus more on the players; increasing the exposure and decreasing the contrast created this effect. So now let's put it into Canva for page 2!



The original story I wrote for Newspaper was 593 words so I wasn't really sure if the entire story would fit on the page. I knew it would take some editing with sizes and of the text and pictures, but I had to cut some words down. I ended up knocking the story down to 527 words in order for it to fit.

This is what I put into the program and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I had to adjust the sizing of the text a few times but I finally landed on making all of the story size 14.8. I aligned the text with the end line of the photo on each side to create the median that separates the columns. It's definitely missing SOMETHING but I'm not sure what. 

I'm going to figure out what else the page needs because it feels sort of incomplete. Check back later to see what changes I make.

Comments