Brainstorming Stories and Pictures

 Where to begin...

It's only January 3rd and I already have so many ideas for this project. I have known that I want to go into journalism for around six years now and this is exactly the type of project that I need. Like I said in my last post, I could incorporate the stories that I have written for newspaper at Cypress into the magazine. I went back and looked at my stories from last year to see what I could use and I found a few really good options. The thing with newspaper is I became Sports Editor this school year, so I am not allowed to write stories in the sports section. But last year, I wrote quite a few about athletics at Cypress that I could use. 

I pride myself on being an organized person, so of course I had to keep my computer organized for this project

I use a sticky note app on my laptop to create reminders and schedules for whatever I am currently working in order to stay on track. 

Under the "story options" note are four stories that I wrote last school year (the alumni strike was actually this summer) that could be used. Right now I am leaning towards using the second girls soccer beat and the spring football story because I have a good amount of pictures that I took that I could also incorporate into the magazine. Since the project requires a two page spread, I would have the front cover, table of contents, the first page be football, and second page be soccer. I am envisioning a picture I took of the girls soccer team in the background of the story.
Both of these images were taken on an iPhone, which I know is not ideal so I may be able to take new pictures once school gets back from winter break at a soccer game with a camera in order to get better quality photos. But for now this is just an idea I have for one of the pages.

This screenshot shows three pictures I took during spring football that are all options for the magazine spread. The middle photo is actually a picture I won Honorable Mention for at a FSPA journalism competition this year, so I would definitely consider using it for the page. I have additional photos but these are just some of my favorites that might be a good fit.






Comments