AS Portfolio: Take 2

 This feels a bit familiar....

If you have read my past posts on here you may remember that back in 2021 I took AICE Media AS and completed the portfolio project. I created a film opening called "The Way Up." I was proud of this piece and it, plus the two essays on exam day, earned me a 'B' on the Cambridge exam. After taking a year off from the class, I decided that I wanted to take Media A Level. Going from AS in sophomore year to A in senior wasn't ideal, but it's what I did. Long story short, in order to receive credit for AS, I must redo the exam AND portfolio project. Instead of a film opening, I will be creating a magazine. Now that I got the background info out of the way, it is time to start brainstorming!!!


If you know me, you know I am heavily interested in sports. Not just the pros, but Cypress Bay athletics as well. When Stoklosa first introduced me to the magazine spread idea, this was the first idea that I came up with. I talked to her about it and we thought about a Weston magazine with a Cypress Bay issue.

I have been involved in Cypress' newspaper and could take stories I have written as Sports Editor and turn it into the issue. I have not sort out all the details just yet, but I am very excited to start this project and I think it could be something I could use in my future endeavors.


Initial Ideas

- one page on football team

    I wrote a story last year on the team entering the regular season, but it might be too short so I will look at my other options

- one page on girls basketball

- any other articles I have written on Cypress athletics

- story on a specific person

    My best friend is on the basketball team and reached the milestone of 1000 career points and I could write a story on her


Just writing this post is making me even more excited about this project! That is enough for now, check back soon for more updates


Comments