Integrating Technologies

 How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

This is the 4th question of the CCR and I thought I should address it in this post.


    Throughout my entire production process, both pre and post, I have used various online sources, software, and hardware. They have all been extremely helpful in the creation of "The Way Up." This includes Premiere Pro, Blogger, and my friend's gimbal.


Software

    I used multiple websites when designing things from fonts to production logos to the film as a whole, and this project would not be possible without each of them. Starting off we have Premiere Pro. This could be the most essential part of the entire project as I edited everything on it and will use it to edit the CCR. 



This was an interesting experience using Premiere as I did not have a great understanding of the software. As I was playing around with it and searching for YouTube tutorials, I became increasingly familiar. 
    The next software that helped me out was Font SpaceThis website helped me with finding the perfect font for the title of the film. The one I chose brought the entire movie together.
    Canva is the final software that I used. I used this for both the film opening and CCR. For the opening, I only used it for the production company logo. I used Canva within the CCR for the title page and each question slide. Using Canvas allowed me to do be creative with this aspect of the CCR and each creation served as a transition between segments. 


Hardware

    Choosing what hardware to use in this project was simple. I do not have a high-tech camera or tripod, so I used what I have. For the majority of the film opening I used my iPhone 12. For a few scenes in the beginning of it I used an iPad Pro. I also used a stand that was originally made for an iPad, but it worked well with my phone. For the football scenes I used my friend, Josh's iPhone XR and his gimbal.




















Online

    The website that has made all of these posts and updates possible: Blogger. When we were first introduced to the program, I was skeptical. But it has truly proven to be very helpful throughout this entire process. Blogger has allowed me to track my progress and keep me on the right track.

    Each and every one of these programs and tools have helped me along the way. I have been able to integrate these technologies into the project by using each of them for small parts of it. For example, I used Canva for the CCR slides and production logo. Also, the gimbal for fluid movements that looked awesome while shooting the football scenes. I used the technology to their strengths, and it paid off.

Comments