Title movement

 How do I make my title move across the screen?


    I asked myself this question soon after figuring out my idea for the film opening. I knew that I wanted to create this animation, but I did not know where to start. I found this great YouTube video that explains it in a quick fashion. 



Since I have not had much experience with Premiere, I did not know how to use keyframes, or what they really are. Taking what I learned from the video, I can now go into Premiere and test it out for myself.


I know it is difficult to see in the picture, but I used keyframes to move "THE WAY UP" across the football field. I am not sure if I want it to be continuously moving from start to finish across the screen, or if I want it to stop in the middle of the field. As of right now it is moving from right to left for the entire duration of the clip. 
    Animating the title image was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I was also able to manipulate the speed of the movement by sliding the "Speed" line under the image bar. This slowed down the speed at which the title was moving at. I did this because it was moving WAY too fast. So fast that the audience wouldn't even be able to read the title of the film.  
    Another thing I wanted to do to the title is add shadows to make it seem more real and in the scene. It is clear that the title does not belong on the field, so adding shadows would have given it a better feel. Since I made the title on a different website and saved it as a PNG, I do not think I can add shadows. If it was text that was put straight onto the video, that would be different. I can look into it but it looks like it is the way it is.





Comments