Starting to Edit

 Importing, researching, and watching YouTube


    As of right now, I have roughly 20 clips that are sitting in my phone waiting to be used. I was going to wait until Monday to import anything, since I won't finish filming until at least Sunday, but I decided it was time. I hadn't even downloaded Premiere until this moment because I have been procrastinating and thought it would be difficult. Despite my previous thought, it was done at the click of a button. So Premiere downloaded and I decided to import 12 of my clips that take up about 45 seconds of the opening. I have been shooting around the middle of the film opening so it made sense to just put in the beginning shots.



   Like I said in a previous blog post, YouTube will be my friend due to my lack of experience with the software. I have some basics down from taking Tv Production last year, but not nearly enough insight on how to create and edit a film opening.

Premiere Pro Tutorial


    The video I hyperlinked above is very useful, especially because it shows the basics of Premiere. I already learned a lot from just watching it once, and I will use it when I get into editing the film opening.


Credits
    

    I almost forgot the credits! Taking what I learned from this video, I can now begin the credits. I need to include the director, producer, writer, cinematographer, editor, and the major actors involved.


    I am going to use a shade of blue that matches the theme of the story as well as the title that will come later on. The majority of the coloring in the costume design and fonts are blue, so it makes sense that this is the same.

    Tomorrow is the day for filming! I am hoping that I will complete all of the filming tomorrow and I can continue editing this week. I will post again tomorrow to share my progress, so be ready!

Comments