Moving forward

One week until Spring Break

    You would think I would be over the moon about this, but there are some downsides regarding the project. For one, I am not going to want to work on it. Also, the break actually gives me less opportunities. I feel like I am ahead of the game since I'm finished with the filming, but now I'm second guessing a lot. 

    Here is my plan for the upcoming few weeks:


So the days that are highlighted are my "free" days. Basically, those are the days I expect to have time to work on the portfolio. I have to work around events like games and a cruise I am going on for the break. Besides that, I should have time to work on the project.

     
Making Changes

    As I am starting to edit, I am watching all of the clips I have taken in depth. I have concerns with the shot where my character, Oakley, and my mom are speaking to each other. The audio of the dialogue between the two characters is slightly covered by the sound of the TV in the background. I can play around with the sound in Premiere and see how that goes.
    Another change I need to make is the length of the first scene. When inputting the clips I found that the first few were extremely time consuming. The majority of the opening should be based around the scene at the football field, not the morning routine. I am going to cut the first shots immensely so the others take priority. 



Title Screen

    I had shared the color and font schemes I was working with in previous blog posts, but I have finally decided on which I am going with. Before putting the title shot on Premiere and editing the title to move across the field, I used this website to pick which design looks best. 

These are the three colors I
was deciding between and I put all of them on the background that will show in the opening.



This is the color I am going to go with for the title screen. I like how it is very similar to the sky above it, and how it contrasts the field that it sits on. The shade that was to the left of this one was way too dark and blended in with the trees on the back. The color to the right was my backup, but it seems too dark as well. 

Now that I decided on which color I am going to use, I can use Premiere to make 'THE WAY UP' pan across the screen.



Comments