Lighting & Audio

 The lighting on most of the clips were NOT IT


    Good thing I figured out how to edit the lighting because, WOW, it was bad. The saturation changed drastically from my phone to my computer to Premiere. I was very surprised when I saw the difference between the clips on my phone and computer. I did not have to look up any YouTube videos for this part because I just wanted to try fixing it myself. 


    When I first attempted to change the lighting on this particular clip, I was going through the "Creative Corrections." Turns out that was not the best idea because it didn't really do anything. Then I started clicking around and wound up on the "Basic Corrections." Now THIS is what I needed. I immediately saw a major difference when I adjusted the saturation here. I changed all of the clips that were in need of color corrections to -1.5 saturation, which helped immensely.



Audio wasn't great either....


    All of the clips have their own sound, but I knew from the beginning that I would use background music. This is not only to make the opening less awkward and to fill space, but it also sets the vibe for the film. I have yet to find the music I want (coming in the next post), but first, I needed to edit the audio within the clips. Some of the clips were varying in volume, so I had to adjust it based on what they sounded like initially. This is different from the lighting because all of the clips that were in need of editing could be placed at the same level of saturation.



For this clip, I changed the audio to -15 decibels. But, other clips with audio were changed to -10 decibels because they were not as loud to begin with. 

    Check back tomorrow for updates on the background music for "THE WAY UP"


Comments