Background Music

 I am preparing to have a lot of music stuck in my head for the next couple of weeks


    Picking music for my film opening is a fun process, but an annoying one too. I had asked my peers in the group meetings that were held last week if I should pick multiple pieces of music for each stage of the opening. They all agreed and said yes, so that is what I am going to do. I see "THE WAY UP" as three stages: morning routine, football, sadness. The morning routine part only takes about 35 seconds, while the playing football part takes up over a minute. It is important that I pick background music that fits the tone of each stage of the opening. I also made the decision to use copyright free music from YouTube, opposed to contacting an artist asking for use of their songs.

    I will use this post as a place to jot down my ideas for each stage and make a decision later on in the post.

Morning Routine: 0:02-0:36

Football: 0:36-1:33

Sadness: 1:34-2:01 


Morning Routine #1


                                                                                            Football #2

Morning Routine #3


                                                                                            Sadness (33:46-34:13) #4

    After listening to these four music selections, I have decided to go with #2, #3, and #4. It was a difficult decision between #1 and #3, but I think the beat of #3 goes well with the opening.

    
30 minutes later.....

    I have imported the music into the opening and inserted fades to make a clean transition which each new piece of music. I am excited for how this is coming together. Stay tuned for more updates on "THE WAY UP"

Comments