Script and additional characters

 I feel weird for saying this, but writing a script does not seem as important as everyone makes it to be.


    With my film opening, there is not much dialogue included. The majority of "The Way Up" is action based and not centered around dialogue. I was writing the script and only found that three of the scenes needed speech. 

    

Of course the rest of the film would include more speech, but for the film opening it did not seem necessary. The scripting process was very simple. All I did was find a credible and easy to use scripting website and ran with it. I decided to use this website for the script design. Considering the amount of characters that are involved in "The Way Up", it is not surprising about the amount of dialogue. This leads me into talking about....

Additional Characters

    Apart from Oakley, there are a few more characters within the film opening. My mom, who plays my mom in the film; my friend Josh, also playing my friend; and the three other people that are saying phrases to put me down towards the end of the opening. I have not decided who will be playing these three characters, but I will most likely end up asking three of my friends. Each of the characters I just mentioned have at least one line in the opening. Their respective parts will give an introduction to their traits and how they will play a role in the rest of the film. For example, my mom and I have a conversation in the beginning of the opening. The audience can tell we do not have the best onscreen relationship and she is short with me. Moving on to the middle of the opening, Josh and I are shown to have a good relationship as he is helping me practice. Then the end of the opening comes and we see the last three characters. Of course they are not supportive of me and playing football. Even though there is not a large amount of dialogue throughout the film opening and only a few characters, "The Way Up" works to portray the plot and character development.

Comments