Research

 Genre

Choosing a genre for the film opening is one of the most important parts of the entire process. The genre sets up the basis for the entire project. For my film opening, I am focusing on the action genre. There are numerous popular and successful action movies, so I will include them in this post as inspiration for my own film.


Hero (2002)     

Rolling Stones Action Movies                           


The director of this film, Yi-Mou Zhang, used color and sound techniques to develop action throughout the movie. He also included many fight scenes that were at the center of the action. Although I won't be including fight scenes in my film opening, I can focus on the filming styles and take similar approaches.


                                                                                        Jurassic Park (1993)


The Jurassic Park films focus heavily on special effects to demonstrate action. Apart from post production editing, foley is also used.



Avengers: Endgame (2019)


The Avengers films are all known to contain high action stunts, camera shots, and character development. I will utilize these techniques within my film opening.

The approaches the directors and producers took in these successful action movies will help me in creating my own film opening. 








Fear, D. (2021, August 11). 50 best action movies of all time. Rolling Stone. Retrieved February 15, 2022, from https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-lists/best-action-movies-1183713/speed-1994-1199680/




Comments