Creating Effects

 Holograms


    As I begin thinking about how I want each shot to look for the film opening, I am seeing which ways I can enhance the visuals of each one. It's one thing to watch an interesting scene, but if there are certain technological effects built in, that would make it even better. For one of the scenes of the opening, I want to incorporate a text conversation as it is going on. I thought that a hologram effect would bring this to life, and make it easier for the viewers to see. Not only this, but creating a phone hologram will draw the viewers into the scene. 

    I am not as tech-savvy as most but I am interested in figuring out how to make effects such as the hologram. There are many movies that have taken holograms one step farther. For my opening, I am only focusing on a hologram on a smaller scale. The first movie to feature an effect like this was Star Wars: A New Hope.

The way George Lucas used the hologram effect draws the viewers in and brings another aspect to the film. Another movie that utilizes this effect in many ways is Black Panther. 





    In order to create a hologram, I need to do the research. Once I finish filming and go into post production, I can use what I have learned to use the effects in the project. I plan to demonstrate what I learn with either Photoshop, Premier Pro, or iMovie. Photoshop would work well, but I am not sure if I should create still shots, or try to make a hologram for the moving parts. I will try it out with Photoshop first and then if that does not work out, I will move onto Premier Pro. 

    Here's to hoping my hologram looks even the slightest bit as good as these highly successful films! We will see how it goes...


Comments